Sunday, February 25, 2007

AND we're back...


Apologies again to the 5 saddos who may read this thing. As anyone who actually knows me is aware, I've just moved jobs from here to here. So, no change at all really...
Not that I've got any excuses. My mate the VCDH just left the warm embrace of the establishment too and his blog's not suffered. Bloody workaholic etc.
And why did he leave? To help the exquisitely named Tyler Brule (inventor of Wallpaper - no, not the flock stuff, the design magazine) set up the snootlily entitled Monocle.
This is the kind of stuff that usually makes me shout abuse at my laptop. For example go here and watch Tyler describe what is a big fat magazine/book/periodical about art, culture, economics and STUFF as a 'vertically-integrated media brand'. Sheesh...
But hey, it's got my pal working on the website and frankly despite being touted as creating a '...community of the most interested and interesting people in the world.' and aimed at 'offering original, never-before-seen content to an audience of well-heeled, intelligent opinion leaders around the world.' I'll reserve judgement until I've actually saved up enough to buy a copy. As I'm not well-heeled. Or intelligent. And no one gives a flying fuck for my opinion. God, I already feel like I shouldn't be allowed to read it. Ho hum...More later, print fans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Monocle? I'd check it out in Waterstones first...it's a little overwhleming and rather badly written. But I'm sure Dan W will sort it out!
Can't believe the news about Starbuck...most upset - will they make her into a special 'limited edition' toaster?

falldownquick